22 Jan Brainy Smoothie
Looking for fuel for your brain (& body!) for this Friday? Give this smoothie a whirl.
what’s in the jar & why to have it //
- CHIA SEEDS :: Chia seeds are actually loaded with the most essential fatty acids of any known plant! Plus, one serving of the stuff is loaded with magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium.
- AVOCADO :: Source of monounsaturated fats which contributes to healthy blood flow (including to the brain). Also a source of vitamin E, C, K, Folate, potassium, & lutein.
- BLUEBERRIES :: Help protect the brain from oxidative stress, as well may improve learning, motor skills & reduce effects of age-related conditions like Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- OATS :: This whole grain contains protein, fibre, manganese, phosphorous, vitamin B1, magnesium, chromium, & zinc. Can promote concentration, boost memory, & reduce stress.
- GREEK YOGURT :: Regular yogurt’s thicker, creamier cousin is chock-full of protein and probiotics and calcium. It fills the belly, improves digestion, bolsters the immune system, responsible for healthy growth of bones and aids muscle contraction and nerve conductivity.
the recipe //
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Add ice to your preference (I like mine ice cold, even on chilly winter mornings!).