10 May The Gift of Mindfulness on Mother’s Day
Ahhhh Mother’s Day. A day mom’s are treated to brunch, flowers, cards, hugs, handmade mugs, & praise galore. For one day of the year. It’s appreciated, no doubt. But this Mother’s Day, perhaps we provide a gift that will keep caring for mom the rest of the year just as she does for all those in her life?
I’ve teamed up with Rocky Mountain Soap Co to help you curate a custom Mindful Mother’s Day Self Care Kit for your mom. Because one hour of alone time & feeling pampered is great, but it shouldn’t just happen at a spa once a year! She can use this tool kit to sprinkle mindful exercises throughout the day or to integrate all together into her morning or evening routine.
Handmake or visit a local toxic free health care shop such as Rocky Mountain Soap co to choose self-care products for your mom. Some suggestions that pair well with the mindfulness practices included in the Mindful Mother’s Day Self Care Kit you can download from this post:
After you’ve hand picked the products that suit moms tastes & needs, find a basket or bowl in the house that you can reuse for mom’s present. Print the free downloadable self care practices to include in the basket. If you want to go the extra mile (like mom so often does!), visit a local craft shop to hand pick the paper that you will print the self care rituals on. Write a card that acknowledge how hard mom works year round, & offer any support, from help around the house to protecting a time period each day, that will help her build a mindful routine.
Does mom live a distance away and you can’t get this custom Mindful Mother’s Day Self Care Kit to her? No problem! Download & forward the self care tool kit & do your online order to send to mom’s doorstep today!
Download the Mindful Mother’s Day Self Care Kit today! You can also check out one of the activities included in the self care kit.
mindful movement + breathing exercise
A daily home yoga practice may not be in the cards for you at this stage in life. And that’s OKAY! Try this mindful movement & breathing exercise in your routine & see how it blossoms. This mindful exercise adapted from Vietnamese Buddhist monk, author, and teacher Thich Nhat Hanh.
The mindful exercise “Open Like a Flower” involves these steps:
- Choose a floral based essential oil such as lavender, sweet orange, serenity, breathe easy, or any others of your choosing. Place a few drops in a diffuser or rub between the palms of your hand breathing in the essence.
- Stand confidently but not stiffly. Arms at your side. Allowing your legs to descent from your hips like the stem of a flower, & grow roots from your feet into the ground below.
- Allow your gaze to soften to a spot in front of you or close your eyes if comfortable.
- Breath in. Lift your arms straight out to the side, palms up, until your hands are in line with your shoulders.
- Breath out. Now touch your shoulders with your fingertips while keeping your upper arms parallel to the ground.
- As you breath in, open your arms wide, extending them until they’re stretched out to a horizontal position parallel with the ground again.
- Breath out. Bend your elbows. Touch your shoulders with your fingertips.
- As you breathe in, think of your body as a flower, opening up to the warm sun.
- As you breath out, think of your body as a flower closing up.
- With your fingertips back touching your shoulders, do this movement of opening & closing your flower 3 more times.
- Now lower your arms back down to your sides.
- Take 3 deep belly breaths, open your eyes, feeling refreshed & with a renewed sense of vitality.