Sally Jade Powis-Campbell ::
Hello! While I’d love to meet you in person if I haven’t already, this will do for now! Let me introduce myself. I’m Sally. I’m a Registered Psychologist in Alberta. I’m also a meditation guide, yoga instructor, writer (stay tuned for a mindfulness book coming in 2018!), mindful food artist, & public experience maker/speaker! It is with love & passion & education that I founded WHyyc!
At my core, I see myself as a playful helper working with patients of all ages — young & young at heart — in individual, couple, family, & group settings. I take a collaborative approach with clients to attend to individual &/or family intentions with therapy.
With curious awareness in your daily lived experience, you can experience more JOY & less STRESS… & literally change the structure & function of your brain to help you focus better & improve your relationship with yourself, those around you, & how you look at life… now who wouldn’t want that?
Wholistic Health YYC’s practice is rooted in WHOLISM, which involves mindfully attending to each person or family unit as a WHOLE person — including body-mind-spirit integration, as well as the social & environmental factors influencing one’s situation. Depending on areas of growth & personal interests, psychological & educational work can include mindfulness meditation, food+mood journaling, thought & body sensation tracking, breathing techniques spanning goals of energizing to relaxing, mindful movement such as yoga, eating & food play exercises, art, gratitude journaling, crafting essential oils to support health, personal intentions & mantra creation.
The branches of my practice that have grown through professional training & personal experience to include the following therapy modalities & presenting concerns I work with:
- CHILD PSYCHOLOGY (play therapy, social skills, mindfulness-based interventions for age 2+ to address issues from peer rejection to behavioural regulation)
- MINDFULNESS-BASED INTERVENTIONS FOR ALL AGES
- MINDFUL MOVEMENT & YOGA
- MINDFUL EATING & EATING DISORDERS & PICKY EATING
- MINDFULNESS FOR ATHLETES (mPEAK training) & SPORT PSYCHOLOGY
- NUTRITION PSYCHOLOGY & FOOD + MOOD THERAPY
- FAMILY THERAPY (communication, separation/divorce, mindful mamas)
- MOM + DAD LIFE (mindful parenting, mindful partnering, anxiety, depression, food + mood therapy for parents & families, mindful meal prep, mindful eating for parents/kids/families, self care)
- PSYCHOAROMATHERAPY (the study of how essential oils impact brain chemistry)
In addition to my practice, I’m passionate about my role as a mother & wife, & my pastimes of writing, yoga, running, strength training, spinning, & cooking. In a previous career I was a TV news reporter; today I continue my love for journalism by blogging & doing freelance writing.
Credentials, Memberships, Education, & Training ::
My training in the areas of psychology, mindful living, nutrition, & athletics/yoga are extensive (see list below). All those letters & certificates have provided me with a myriad of tools to best suit the work we collaborate on to support your mental & physical health goals!
- Registered Psychologist in the Province of Alberta with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- Member of the Canadian Psychological Association
- Secretary-Treasurer of the Canadian Psychological Association’s Sports & Exercise Psychology Section (past)
- Mindful Performance Enhancement, Awareness & Knowledge training (mPEAK, University of California San Diego Center for Mindfulness)
- Eat Right Now Phone App + Facilitator (University of Massachusetts Medical School)
- Mindful Eating Conscious Living Level 1 Certification (ME-CL L1; University of California San Diego Center for Mindfulness)
- Network Professional Level Member of The Centre for Mindful Eating
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction 8-Week Program (University of Massechusets Medication School Centre for Mindfulness Curriculum)
- 3-Day Intensive Mindfulness Training for Clinicians with Dr. Ron Siegel in Banff, AB
- 50 hr Yoga Teacher Training (Wymbin Yoga)
- Graduate Certificate in Nutritional Psychology (John F. Kennedy University)
- Certificate in Foundations of Play Therapy (Rocky Mountain Play Therapy Institute)
- Master of Counselling Psychology (University of Calgary)
- Bachelor of Communication Studies (University of Calgary)
- Diploma in Cinema, Television, Stage and Radio (SAIT Polytechnic)
- Elite Trail Runner & Obstacle Course Racer: 1st place overall female 5 Peaks May 2017 race; 2nd place overall in 5 Peaks Trail Running Series Sprint Distance for 2016 season; 1st place female in age category at 5 Peaks Trail Running Series: May 2016 & June 2016 & July 2016 & September 2016, May 2017; 3rd place female overall Spartan Race Sprint Elite Heat, Sun Peaks, BC, September 2014
- Lululemon Ambassador
- Spud Ambassador (use promo code CRCAL-POWSAL for $20 off your first order)
- X Warrior Challenge Ambassador
- Wild & Raw Ambassador
- Rocky Mountain Soap Co Ambassador
- 5 Peaks Race Ambassador (past)
- Fast and Female Elite Athlete Ambassador
- Clear Float Spa Ambassador (use promo code WHYYC for a discount)
Connect Today ::
Enough about me, I want to hear about you! What has brought you to my site & how can I support you on your health & wellness journey — whether near or far? Visit my CONTACT page today!