27 Dec WHy Water? // Infused Waters
busy brainstorming wellness goals for the new year? let us help you out with a simple (& pretty) one: drink more h2o.
Drinking more water seems simple enough, right? But plain ‘ol water can get pretty tiresome. That’s where infused water comes in (are you ready for an exciting way to increase the amount of vitamins and minerals you consumer over the day? We are!).
A walk through any market & you’ll find flavored waters lining the shelves. Beware, though, not is all as seems: some commercial brands are nothing more than food coloring, sugar & chemicals. It’s easy to whip up your own, healthy infused water at home with just a few natural ingredients (SUPERCHARGED h2o, if that doesn’t excite you, we don’t know what will). We’ve come up with some thirst quenching flavour faves & all you’ll need is water, ice, fresh fruit & fresh herbs (it doesn’t get much easier than than people).
The Facts //
- We often hear drink 8 cups of water a day. MYTH! The Institute of Medicine has set an adequate daily intake of approx 15 cups for men & approx 11 cups for women¹
- Water helps your body keep its temperature normal, protect your spinal cord & other sensitive tissues, lubricate & cushion joints, get rid of wastes through urination, perspiration & bowel movements²
- If you’re physically active, you need to up your water intake even more — be sure to drink water during the activity & drink several glasses of water after the activity. Remember to drink before you even feel thirsty as thirst is a signal your body’s on the way to dehydration³
- Drink 17-20 oz of water 2-3 hrs before you start exercise³
- Drink an additional 8 oz of water within 30 mins after exercise³
Infuse It //
Citrus Spice // ginger + orange
Refresher // mint + cucumber
Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia & Cherry // chia seeds + cherries
Berry Blast // blueberries + raspberries + strawberries